Terms and Conditions
1. The Word Songwriting Showcases are fundraising events for the Bible Society of Tasmania, operated by the Word Songwriting Showcase Committee (WSS Committee).
3. Submission of a song(s) for consideration in the Word Songwriting Showcases does not guarantee performance at the event(s) requested. The Song Selection Panel (SSP) will review all submissions received and select a program for each event.
4. All music styles are encouraged and acceptable for the Word Songwriting Showcases.
5. The SSP will select the songs to be performed at each showcase based on:
- Lyrical content – preference will be given to songs with a clear scriptural basis
- Demonstration of skillful song-writing
- Musical balance and variety in the program for each event
- Other miscellaneous criteria as determined by the SSP
6. By accepting an invitation to perform at one or more of the Word Songwriting Showcases, you grant the Bible Society of Tasmania permission to use your name, image and likeness in the promotion of Word Songwriting Showcases, both before and after the event.
7. By accepting an invitation to perform at one or more of the Word Songwriting Showcases, you grant permission for the Bible Society of Tasmania to video your performance and use said recording for promotion of future Word Songwriting Showcase events as determined. Video recordings may also be made available for purchase at Word Songwriting Showcase events.
8. By accepting an invitation to perform at one or more of the Word Songwriting Showcases, you grant permission for the Bible Society of Tasmania to photograph your performance, and to use said photographs for promotion of future Word Songwriting Showcase events as determined.
9. Whilst staff at the Word Songwriting Showcase events take all care to ensure a safe and secure event, it is each performer’s responsibility to ensure the security of any instruments or other material possessions during the course of any individual event. No responsibility will be taken for lost or damaged property.
10. All costs associated with travel and/or accommodation that are incurred by a performer through performing at a Word Songwriting Showcase are the responsibility of the individual performer.
11. Invited performers are welcome to sell CDs and merchandise, and distribute other promotional material at the Word Songwriting Showcase events they are performing at, provided advance notice has been given to the WSS Committee.